COLUMBUS – With Saturday’s home opener against Oregon rapidly approaching Ohio State University is getting fans ready for a return to Ohio Stadium and with that some changes that are new to the 2021 season.
Mobile ticketing and parking passes, road closures and cashless concessions inside Ohio Stadium will all be the new norm.
On Tuesday morning several representatives of the university met with the local media to go over these new steps and implore fans to be patient and get to campus early because of the new changes that are at hand.
Additionally, we learned that there are still individual tickets available for every game on the Ohio State home schedule including Oregon, where some 10,000 tickets are still available through the box office as of Tuesday morning.
- Tickets will be mobile and fans have been asked to download the Ohio State Buckeyes app to manage their tickets and parking passes through their smartphones and mobile devices. Fans without a mobile phone or other obstacles are encouraged to contact the Ohio State Ticket Office prior to the game. To access the app please visit https://go.osu.edu/new_ath_app
- Everyone will enter Ohio Stadium going through metal detectors
- Fans will scan their own ticket through newly installed ticket pedestal scanners
- Day of game parking lots will only accept credit cards. No cash or mobile pay options will be available at parking lots
- Please be aware of road closures and map out your trip to the Ohio State campus before arriving
- And lastly, please allow extra time for your day of game experience. Get to campus earlier than you normally would