Most of the talk around Columbus this month has centered around potential opt-outs within the Ohio State program, new defensive coordinator Jim Knowles and possible assistant coaching changes, and whether the Buckeyes will be motivated to play in the Rose Bowl.
Out in Salt Lake City, it’s a very different story. The Utah program is flying high off its first-ever Pac-12 title and headed for its first-ever berth in the Rose Bowl. And there is reason to think the Utes could present a very difficult matchup for Ohio State.
Josh Furlong is the sports director of KSL.com and the beat writer for Utah football. He joins host Tom Orr to discuss the Utes and their incredible season.
- The two tragedies which inspired their run to a title
- Utah’s ability to dominate games in the trenches
- The former Ohio State commit who plays a key role for the defense
- The standout who came out of nowhere to post an incredible season at linebacker
- Other names that Buckeye fans need to know for the Rose Bowl
You can listen to today’s episode on Spreaker by clicking here, or search “Buckeye Scoop” to find it on other podcast platforms.
It’s also available on YouTube, or you can watch it in the embedded player below.
All that we ask is that you please leave us a rating and review on your podcast platform of choice. It only takes a few seconds and will help others find the show.