Tony Gerdeman

Administrator
Staff member
  • May 28, 2020
    twitter.com
    Ohio State parted ways with offensive line coach Greg Studrawa after the 2021 season, in part because of failures in recruiting.

Early in the 2023 cycle, the Buckeyes have missed out on a couple of big targets. So is this a cause for concern or just a byproduct of Justin Frye only being on the job for a few months?

Tony Gerdeman and Tom Orr discuss where things stand now with Luke Montgomery and Josh Padilla committed, the upcoming decision by Austin Siereveld, and where things could end up before Early Signing Day.

Plus, the fellas answer listener questions about NIL bundling organizations, the state of the 2022 Ohio State special teams, and more.

Continue reading...

Janno1951

Scoop Family
    President’s Club
    Jul 1, 2021
    Elon, North Carolina
    I know everyone says relationships relationships relationships. But I think that ship is sailing. NIL will make these decisions going further. Just read where a college basketball players agent say unless his NIL money doesn’t increase he will enter the portal.

BoD

Scoop Family
    Jun 23, 2020
    I'm starting to feel the same way. Reluctant to write this but starting to wonder if we have any chance at all of getting top 5 classes going forward. For 23, at this point anyway, it seems unlikely. Buckeyes may be on the cusp of losing their recruiting edge unless the State of Ohio changes their NIL rules. From some reading I've done schools are now paying all the costs of unofficial visits and so they are getting visits when we can't from the same players. The rules need regulated and strictly enforced. Meaning they need to target the SEC vigorously and then actually, and promptly, penalize them. Until that happens the SEC will continue to ignore the rules of recruiting.