The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are expected to contend for a spot in the College Football Playoffs yet again in Marcus Freeman’s first full season in charge, but there are several position groups that could be the difference between getting into the field, and being on the outside looking in.
Fernando Ramirez is the host of the Pot of Gold podcast and the Notre Dame beat writer for the South Bend Tribune. He joins host Tom Orr to preview one of the most-anticipated games of the 2022 college football season, the Irish visiting Columbus to face Ohio State in the opening week of the season.
- Will this year’s ND team be as strong in the trenches as usual?
- Who will take over at quarterback?
- Is there enough skill talent outside to free up talented tight end Michael Mayer?
- Will Freeman’s defense be as dominant as it has been in the past?
- What’s the ceiling for the Irish this fall?
You can listen to today’s episode on Spreaker by clicking here, or search “Buckeye Scoop” to find it on other podcast platforms.
It’s also available on YouTube, or you can watch it in the embedded player below.
All that we ask is that you please leave us a rating and review on your podcast platform of choice. It only takes a few seconds and will help others find the show.